Dr. Frank Merritt & Phil White
- Inspired by a best friend's battle with cancer.
- Backed by cutting edge science.
- Contributions from elite coaches, athletes, musicians, army generals and surfers.
Inspired by his best friend’s battle with cancer, Dr. Frank Merritt has engineered the fasting protocol, The 17 Hour Fast, which offers maximum benefits from a minimum fast that promotes an enriching mind, body and soul experience. Drawing on years of medical practice as well as VitalityPro research protocols developed with iconic athletes, respected nutritionists, and behavioral/exercise psychologists, The 17 Hour Fast embodies a minimum effective dose (MED) strategy harnessing powerful health and performance advantages of longer fasts while avoiding many of their pitfalls. Furthermore, The 17 Hour Fast is carefully synchronized and choreographed with diurnal/nocturnal hormone patterns, sleep hygiene, personal growth and relationship building techniques and suggested training/recovery activities to create a potent combination for success.
The 17-Hour Fast is founded on a bedrock of cutting-edge scientific data and presented in an intuitive and approachable way by Dr. Merritt and acclaimed writer Phil White (Unplugged, Game Changer, and Flight Plan). This book includes inspiring insights from the likes of:
- 2-time Hall of Fame football coach Gene Stallings
- NCAA All-American and NFL player Jeremiah Castille
- Cy Young winner Barry Zito
- Army General Mark McQueen
- Writer/director Sam George
- Pro surfing pioneer Randy Rarick
- Athlete/Coach Brandon Rager
- Author Brian Mackenzie and
- World Champion Quadriplegic Surfer Jesse Billauer
- Award-winning musicians Peter Furler, Mac Powell and Jon Micah Sumrall.
The 17 Hour Fast can help anyone:
- Cut cholesterol, reduce bacterial overgrowth, and lower toxins
- Start making lifestyle changes that lower body weight and BMI and reduce body fat
- Improve digestive issues like IBS, fatty liver disease, and acid reflux
- Boost physical and cognitive performance
- Break free from habitual and boredom-related eating
- Create a rich, fully engaged experience before, during, and after fasting
- Achieve many of the benefits of a 48-hour fast in less than half that time, while avoiding many of the pitfalls and risks of more extreme fast
- Overcome food-related psychological and behavioral issues while turning destructive habits into healthy ones
- Reduce sugar dependence
- Achieve more restful and restorative sleep
- Use fasting to strengthen work-life balance, improve relationships, and focus on helping yourself and others